EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
B.A., The Art and Craft of Writing, Empire State College, 1989
Promote the NYS IPM Program through writing, designing, and editing columns, articles, news releases, brochures, books, flyers, fact sheets, displays, teaching modules, radio spots, reports, and media interfacing.
- Write content for NYS IPM Program Annual Reports.
- Write articles and columns for The Ithaca Journal, Cornell Chronicle, American Nurseryman, Vegetable Grower News, Hoard’s Dairyman, Fingerlakes Wine Gazette, and other trade and popular press journals, newspapers, newsletters, and magazines.
- Write, design, and field-test consumer pest management manuals and fact cards.
- Edit and rewrite web pages.
- Teach writing workshops to Cooperative Extension staff and volunteers.
- Organize sessions on IPM for journalists.
- Make presentations and create displays for trade shows and industry forums.
MEMBERSHIPS & SERVICE
- National Association of Science Writers
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Garden Writers Association