Livestock & Field Crops IPM Coordinator
Hudson Valley Laboratory, 3357 US Highway 9W, P.O. Box 727, Highland, NY 12528
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- M.S., Entomology, University of Idaho, 1999
- M.S., Agriculture Education, Iowa State University, 1993
- B.S., Agriculture Education, Washington State University, 1988
- Assistant Extension Professor, Field Crops and Horticulture, University of Idaho, 1994-1997.
- Agriculture Instructor, Range Management, Dickinson State University, ND, 1993.
- Agriculture Instructor, Oakville High School, WA., 1988-1991.
- Provide leadership in innovative educational and applied research programs relative to IPM in Field Crops and Livestock Producers in New York.
- Assist Extension Educators in extension program development, assessing needs, implementation, and evaluation relative to IPM in Field Crops and Livestock Producers in New York.
- Conduct applied research relative to IPM in Field Crops and Livestock in Eastern New York.
- Acting/Interim NYS IPM Livestock and Field Crops Coordinator
- Conduct research on a biological bird repellant on planted corn seed
- Facilitating/Organizing the NYS Western Bean Cutworm Network for Field Corn
- Developing a distance educational program for field crops and livestock IPM
- Developing the Migratory Field Crops Pests Monitoring Network
- Writing and Distributing the NYS IPM Weekly Field Crops Pest Report
- Developing an Arc GIS Field Crops Geospatial Pest Reporting System
Accomplishments (Past Two Years)
- Development of a network of Extension Educators conducting outreach programs that increase the rate of adoption of IPM practices relative to field crops and livestock.
- Distribute a "Weekly Eastern NY Field Crop Pest Report" from pest data collected from several counties on a NY field crops listserv.
- On-Farm Field Crops Experiential Learning (TAg Program)
- Livestock IPM Field Meeting Series
MEMBERSHIPS & SERVICE
- International Certified Crop Advisor 2001-present
- CCA Educational Review Team 2015-present
- International IPM Symposium Program Planning Committee 2016-present
- CCE Integrated Pest Management Program Work Team
- CCE Program Work Team for Field Crops
- Entomological Society of America, 1998-10
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- 2015 NYS IPM Excellence in IPM Award – presented to the NYS Pheromone Trap Network by NYS IPM Program. The WBC Monitoring Network is part of this effort
- 2007 The Livestock and Field Crops IPM Team won an award from NYS Association of County Agriculture Agents for Outstanding New Extension Publication award at the CCE In-Service in Ithaca for the NYS IPM Weekly Field Crops Pest Report.