IPM House, 607 W. North St., Cornell AgriTech, Geneva, NY 14456
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D., Entomology, Cornell University, 2000
- M.S., Entomology, University of Vermont, 1989
- B.S., International Agriculture, University of Vermont, 1983
- Ornamentals IPM Specialist, NYS IPM Program, 1989-1996
- Secure and maintain funding for Community and Agricultural IPM efforts.
- Interact with faculty and Extension field staff to coordinate and encourage IPM research and implementation.
- Conduct applied integrative research in a variety of turfgrass systems (golf courses, athletic fields, and lawns).
- Evaluation of Golf Turf Management Systems with Reduced Chemical Pesticide Inputs. A systems comparison of conventional, IPM and non-chemical management of golf course greens under both standard and alternative (stress-reducing) cultural practices. USGA-funded site is all 18 greens of an operational golf course on Long Island. Sister project is funded by NYS IPM and sited on research plots in Ithaca.
- Initiated groundbreaking non-chemical research on golf turf.
- Incorporated turfgrass training in school IPM training's throughout the state.
MEMBERSHIPS & SERVICE
- Entomological Society of America
- NY State Turfgrass Assoc. Educational Committee
- Cornell University Program Work Team (PWT)
- Community IPM Coordinating Council member, 2001-forward
- IPM Operating Committee
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Outstanding Accomplishments in Extension/Outreach Team Award for Protecting Pollinator Health, Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 2017
- Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management, Entomological Society of America, Eastern Branch, 2011
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Extension Award, 2007
- EPA Region II Environmental Quality Award, 2002 (Awarded to entire NYS IPM Program)
- Chapman Fellowship, Dept. of Entomology, Cornell University, 1999
- Excellence in IPM Award, 1997