IPM House, 607 W. North St., Cornell AgriTech, Geneva, NY 14456
Area of work
Development of real-time insect pest and plant disease risk assessment models and tools throughout the northeast, mid-Atlantic, and upper-Midwest United States. Management of the NEWA open-access online decision aide system at newa.cornell.edu.
Education and related experience
- M.S. Entomology, Cornell University, 2015
- B.S. Environmental Science, Nazareth College of Rochester, 1999
- Natural Resources Extension Educator, Cornell University Cooperative Extension, 2000-2002
- Researcher and laboratory manager, Cornell University 2005-2016
- Maintain and promote NEWA, a network of grower-owned weather stations throughout the eastern United States.
- Work with researchers and growers to develop insect and plant disease digital forecasting tools for real time agricultural management decisions.
Memberships and Service
- Entomological Society of America
- Rochester Academy of Science
- Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
Cornell University Cooperative Extension
- Digital Agriculture Program Work Team
- Tree Fruit and Berries Program Work Team
- Vegetable Program Work Team