Integrated Weed Management Specialist
New York State Integrated Pest Management Program, Cornell University, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, 630 W. North Street, Geneva, NY 14456
Education, Training, and Related Professional Experience
- Ph.D., Ecology and Environmental Sciences, University of Maine, 2017
Dissertation title: A comparison of seed- and seedling-focused ecologically based weed management strategies
- B.A., Biology, Colby College, 2009
- Research Associate, Colorado State University, Department of Biology
- Collaborating with growers, extension educators, and researchers to assess weed management needs in different agricultural commodities.
- Conducting applied research to address knowledge gaps in weed IPM.
- Developing programming to improve adoption of effective weed IPM practices.
Memberships and Service
- Weed Science Society of America
- “Disadvantage weeds in as many ways as possible. Weed management tactics such as cultivation, cover cropping, and crop rotation can also disrupt plant pathogens and insect pests to allow for truly integrated pest management.”