If you find Spotted Lanternfly in New York:
- Take pictures of the insect, egg masses, or infestation you see and, if possible, include something for size, such as a coin or ruler.
- If possible, collect the insect. Place in a bag and freeze, or in a jar with rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer.
- Note the location (street address and zip code, intersecting roads, landmarks, or GPS coordinates).
- Email pictures and location to email@example.com OR fill out the form at Spotted Lanternfly Observation, which includes specimen information.
- For more information, visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation website page on Spotted Lanternfly.