Grape IPM in the Northeast
IPM practices to be implemented
- row-middle management , see discussion below.
- continue disease management protocols
- Botrytis spray if average temperature is <60°F and there is abundant rainfall
- weather parameters of temperature, precipitation, leaf wetness, and relative humidity
Inoculum available for infection
- Botrytis bunch rot 211k pdf file
- powdery mildew 490k pdf file
- black rot 548k pdf file
- Phomopsis Cane and Leaf Spot 277k pdf file
- downy mildew 300k pdf file
Refer to Grape Facts, volume 1, number 5, Managing Vineyard Floors Using No-tillage (483k pdf file), and to the discussion of Economics of Three Row-Middle Strategies for information on managing row middles.