Program Staff: Timothy H. Weigle
|Grape IPM Extension Area Educator (since 1989)
Cornell Lake Erie Research & Extension Lab (CLEREL)
6592 West Main Rd., Portland, NY 14769
716-792-2800 ext. 203
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- M.S., Horticulture, Iowa State University, 1989
- B.A., Plant Pathology and Pest Management, Iowa State University, 1984
- Worked as commercial fruit extension agent, Cornell Cooperative Extension, 1988-89.
- Worked as research fruit technician, Iowa State University Hort Research Station, 1984-1988.
- Provide statewide and regional leadership for planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive educational and applied research program in Integrated Pest Management for the commercial grape industry.
- Interim Fruit IPM Coordinator
- Development and implementation of distance learning network to aid adoption of IPM in grapes.
- Alternative management strategies for grape berry moth.
Accomplishments (Past Five Years)
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of the Lake Erie Regional Grape Program website and distance learning center.
- Provide leadership in development and continuation of the Electronic Crop Update e-mailed to subscribers three times a week during the growing season.
- Co-editor of the New York and Pennsylvania Pest Management Recommendations for Grapes.
- Instrumental in the development of crop, pest, and pesticide profiles for use in the Food Quality Protection Act review.
- Instrumental in forming the Northeast Weather Association (NEWA), which provides growers and other members with specific and timely weather information.
MEMBERSHIPS & SERVICE
- Fruit IPM Coordinator Search Committee
- Fruit Program Work Team
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents
- Northeast Weather Association Vice President